I know "Crap Store" may sound harsh or judgmental, but what exactly would you call a place with a window like this? Just look at it! It's a splendid mess! Look at all those bits and bobs. There's definitely some rhyme and reason to it (check out the kitty and unicorn sections), but . . . well, wow!
I've purchased a few stripped coque feathers, but I should have just about everything else hanging around the house. I'm thinking I need:
- a comb base
- felt for covering the base
- a silk flower (or maybe not)
- coque feathers strategically placed
- a few craft feathers for fill
- perhaps a peacock feather eye as an accent
- beads and other vintage bits for decoration
- glue gun, or would E3000 work best?
A little bit of trial and error, and I should have something pretty respectable. I'll keep you posted.
Halloween marks the beginning of the holiday season for me.
I don't just mean the crazy-ass Christmas season commercial bonanza, but a whole series of other celebrations. In no particular order there's:
- my birthday
- a four day weekend (woo hoo Veteran's Day!)
- Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday)
- Christmas and Hannukah celebrations
- a five day weekend
- lots of crafting and baking, finding the perfect tree
- watching A Christmas Story and White Christmas
- Christmas with the family
- two weeks of vacation
- wrapping presents
- the quiet of the day after Christmas
- New Year's Eve with good friends
- CrabFest (truly one of the best made up holidays ever)
Do all these celebrations stress you out? Do you find yourself thinking: what the hell do I bring to all the parties? Why not just make a whole bunch of mini-bundts using Joy the Baker's recipe? I'm thinking this would be delicious and welcomed by just about anyone. I bet it would freeze beautifully. Pick up a few bakery boxes, a little ribbon and you'll be everyone's favorite guest.